"pageType" : "item_page",
"placements" : "3",
"placementNames" : "recommended-accessories_bottom_1,others-viewed_bottom_1"
10% off $49+|15% off $149+|20% off $500+|Code MDAY22
Improved projection and stability.
The Denis Wick Heavy Top mouthpieces are designed to reduce the amount of vibration lost through the mouthpiece. By adding additional mass to different areas of the mouthpiece, such as the cup, throat and backbore, this allows the mouthpiece to transfer energy more efficiently. This enhanced energy transfer results in improved projection and stability, which allows for a strong, rich centered sound.
- Available sizes: 1, 1C, 1X, 1.5C, 2, 3, 3C, 4X
- Model Number: The first number refers to the cup diameter; the higher the number, the smaller the diameter
- Rim: X – extra wide rim and E cup
- Cup Volume: Standard cup – deep; C – medium shallow; E – shallow
- Finish: Silver plate
Upgrade your performance. Order today.
- 1X: 17.50mm cup diameter; 5.23 rim width; 3.90mm throat; Barrel backbore. Focused high register with a bright, full sound
- 1: 17.25mm cup diameter; 5mm rim width; 3.90mm throat; Barrel backbore. Free blowing with an open, full sound. A great choice for symphonic work.
- 1C: 17.25mm cup diameter; 5mm rim width; 3.90mm throat; Barrel backbore. Excellent resonance in the upper register with a well-rounded sound.
- 1.5C: 17mm cup diameter; 5mm rim width; 3.80mm throat; Barrel backbore. Slightly wider rim to add extra stability and comfort. Great upper register.
- 2: 16.85mm cup diameter; 5.08mm rin width; 3.70mm throat; Barrel backbore. Rich, full-bodied tone with an easily attainable high register.
- 3: 16.75mm cup diameter; 5.05mm rim width; 3.70mm throat; Barrel backbore. Free blowing with a rich, smooth sound.
- 3C: 16.75mm cup diameter; 5.05mm rim width; 3.70mm throat; Barrel backbore. Bright, well-rounded sound with exceptional projection in all registers.
- 4X: 16.50mm cup diameter; 5.75mm rim width; 3.70mm throat, V-type backbore. Free blowing high register with a brilliant sound. The wider rim allows for added comfort and endurance.
Questions & Answers View All