"pageType" : "item_page",
"placements" : "3",
"placementNames" : "recommended-accessories_bottom_1,others-viewed_bottom_1"
The cool vibe of Armstrong's own go-to acoustic, now in a 12-string model with Fishman electronics.
The unmistakable sound of a well-made 12-string guitar is perfect for solo gigs and band performances, especially when it was designed by the founder of influential U.S. punk band Rancid. Tim Armstrong's Hellcat is based on the old Fender acoustic that was his go-to guitar for songwriting, and quickly became one of the best-selling Fender acoustic artist models ever. With the Tim Armstrong Hellcat-12, that same classic vibe is offered in a 12-string version that simply rocks. Whether it's alt-folk tunes at the college coffeehouse or slamming punk with a band, the Hellcat-12 combines great acoustic tone with versatile onboard electronics and a satin body and neck finish for smooth playability, all at a surprisingly low cost.
Scalloped bracing is thinner than more conventional bracing. That means that the bracing pattern inside the guitar uses less wood, which means that soundboard mass is reduced. This lets the top resonate more freely, resulting in better tone with more nuance and greater projection.Electronics
A Fishman pickup/preamp system gives your acoustic instrument peerless amplified performance, with a variety of onboard controls and no compromise whatsoever on pure, rich and resonant acoustic tone. The built-in tuner is conveniently placed right where you can see it, helping to keep your intonation right on the money.
- 12-string Tim Armstrong signature model, concert body style acoustic-electric
- Fishman Isys III pickup system with active preamp, tuner, volume and tone controls
- Natural-finish solid mahogany top with scalloped “X” bracing, mahogany back and sides
- Maple neck with satin finish
- 20-fret walnut fingerboard with “Hellcat” and double-skull inlays
- Walnut bridge with compensated Graph Tech NuBone saddle
Find your musical "salvation" with this signature model. Order yours today.
- Body type: Concert
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Solid mahogany
- Back and sides: Laminated Mahogany
- Bracing pattern: Scalloped X
- Body finish: Natural Satin
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: C
- Nut width: 1.77" (45 mm)
- Fingerboard: Walnut
- Neck wood: Maple
- Scale length: 25.3"
- Number of frets: 19
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Fishman
- Configuration: Sidemounted preamp
- Preamp EQ: 3-band
- Feedback filter: No
- Tuner: Yes
- Headstock overlay: Not specified
- Tuning machines: Vintage-style with aged white plastic buttons
- Bridge: Walnut
- Saddle and nut: GraphTech NuBone
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features:
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: Not specified
Questions & Answers View All