We are happy to accept your order on WWBW.com and through our call center. Due to COVID-19, you may experience shipping delays on some orders. Backordered items will experience longer delays. We'll do all we can to get your product to you quickly.
"pageType" : "item_page",
"placements" : "3",
"placementNames" : "recommended-accessories_bottom_1,others-viewed_bottom_1"
A classic jazz guitar reborn.
Fans of Gypsy-Jazz guitar as well as guitar aficionados of every stripe will applaud Saga's re-introduction of the classic Selmer-Maccaferri style jazz guitar...the Gitane D-500. All measurements and characteristic features of this guitar were faithfully recreated to make this incredibly high quality and affordable guitar.
- Solid Spruce top Rosewood back and sides
- Horizontal cutaway
- Multiple Ebony/Maple purfling on all edges
- Characteristic large "D" soundhole
- Ebony Mustache bridge with movable center
- Thin, comfortable, bound Mahogany neck
- Dovetail neck/body joint
- Slotted headstock with Rosewood overlay
- Extended 24-fret Ebony fingerboard
- M-O-P dot markers
- Body size- 12-fret neck joint - Scale length 25 1/4" - Nut width 1 7/8" - Body length 18 1/2" - Lower bout 16" - Upper bout 11 1/4"
- Geared 14:1 ratio, gold-plated, slotted peghead tuning machines
- Adjustable truss rod
- Trapeze tailpiece
- High-gloss finish with aging toner for vintage look
- Bone nut, zero fret
- Shop adjusted
- Back and Side Material: Indian Rosewood
- Back Inlay: None
- Binding: Ebony
- Body Shape: Horizontal Cutaway
- Brace Material: Spruce
- Bridge Material: Ebony / Movable Mustache-style
- Fingerboard and Peghead Binding: None
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: M-O-P Round Dots
- Finish: Vintage-toned High Gloss
- Headstock Style: Traditional Slotted
- Neck Material: Solid Mahogany
- Number of Frets Clear: 12
- Number of Frets Total: 24
- Nut Material: Zero-fret/Bone String Guide
- Nut Width: 1-7/8"
- Peghead Overlay: Indian Rosewood
- Recommended Strings: Parisian by Gitane Manouche Strings - Medium Gauge
- Saddle: Dyed Rosewood
- Scale Length: 25-1/4"
- Side Inlay: Multi-ply Ebony / Maple
- Soundhole Rosette: Traditional Multi-Ply Wood
- Soundhole Shape: Grand Bouche
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Top Bracing Pattern: Traditional Fan Bracing
- Top Purfling: Multi-ply Ebony / Maple
- Tuning Machines: Standard Gold-plated / Accurate 14:1 Gear Ratio / White ABS Buttons
Questions & Answers View All