"pageType" : "item_page",
"placements" : "3",
"placementNames" : "recommended-accessories_bottom_1,others-viewed_bottom_1"
A superlative tribute to one of rock's most iconic players.
Gretsch pays homage to the late Malcolm Young with this replica of his iconic, road-battered, much-customized Gretsch Jet. This guitar, nicknamed "The Beast" was seriously personalized and was instrumental in creating some of rock and roll's most memorable and instantly recognizable rhythm guitar parts.
This models features the essential hallmarks of one of rock’s most iconic instruments including “DIY” pickup routes with simulated screw holes, chrome switch plugs, Space- Control™ bridge and ‘60s-style tailpiece. Open-cavity thunder roars from the thin-skin satin finished chambered mahogany body and is magnified by a high-output TV Jones® Power’Tron™ pickup.
- Chambered mahogany body with bound maple top
- 24.6"-scale mahogany neck with 22-fret, 12"-radius bound ebony fingerboard
- TV Jones Power’Tron humbucker in bridge position
- Space Control bridge with ebony base, '60s-style tailpiece, Schaller tuners
Go "Beast"-mode. Order your Malcom Young Signature Jet today.
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Semi-hollow or chambered body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Maple
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Body finish: Semi-Gloss Lacquer
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: U
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Joint: Set-in
- Scale length: 24.6 in.
- Truss rod: Dual-action
- Neck finish: Semi-Gloss Lacquer
- Material: Ebony
- Radius: 12 in.
- Fret size: Jumbo
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Thumbnail
- Nut width/material 1.687 in. (42.8 mm) Bone
- Configuration: H
- Bridge: Power’Tron
- Brand: TV Jones
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Parallel
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics:
- Control layout: Master volume, tone Bridge volume
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: Space Control with ebony base
- Tailpiece: Space Control tailpiece
- Tuning machines: Grover
- Color: Nickel
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Chrome switch plugs
- Case: Hardshell case
- Country of origin: Japan
Questions & Answers View All