We are happy to accept your order on WWBW.com and through our call center. Due to COVID-19, you may experience shipping delays on some orders. Backordered items will experience longer delays. We'll do all we can to get your product to you quickly.
"pageType" : "item_page",
"placements" : "3",
"placementNames" : "recommended-accessories_bottom_1,others-viewed_bottom_1"
A comprehensive method for improvisation and jazz-style alto sax.
Essential Elements for Jazz Ensemble is a comprehensive method for jazz style and improvisation written by renowned jazz musician and educator Mike Steinel from the University of North Texas. This series provides a great starting point for young musicians to learn the style and nuances of jazz music as well as an introduction to improvisation and more advanced concepts.
Each Book Includes My EE Library
The basics of jazz style
- Every exercise and arrangement recorded by professionals
- Repeated exercises feature rhythm section only
Quick start the rhythm section
- How jazz and "traditional" music are different
- Swing style introduced gradually using scat syllables
- Includes Swing Era, Bebop and Latin/Rock
Jazz history and people
- Includes additional specialized material for piano, guitar, bass and drums
- Rhythm players can either play along with the full band or study individually
7 full band arrangements
- Basic stylistic periods
- Composers and performers
Improvisation made easy
- Carefully paced performance pieces
- Sample improvised solos included
- Starts with 2-measure phrases
- Teaches how to "jazz up" a melody
- Matches correct scales with chords
- Written by Mike Steinel
- for alto saxophone players
- Width: 9.0"
- Length: 12.0"
- 32 pages
- A-Tisket A-Tasket
- Ballin' The Jack
- Boppin' Around
- Jingle Bells
- London Bridge
- Riffin' Around
- Salsa Caliente
- St. Louis Blues
- When The Saints Go Marching In
Questions & Answers View All