"pageType" : "item_page",
"placements" : "3",
"placementNames" : "recommended-accessories_bottom_1,others-viewed_bottom_1"
A wide range of intermediate to advanced studies for making you a better trumpet player.
Essential Technique for Band Book 3 further develops music skills for intermediate and advanced musicians. Book 3 takes students through multiple key centers, individual studies, and a variety of styles of music.
Individual Studies and My EE Library
A Multi-Purpose Book for Any Band Program
- For every instrument, studies demonstrated by a professional soloist
- Instrument-specific exercises for individual technique study or small group lesson
- Classical style piano accompaniments - not synthesized
- Technique building program
- Also for individual study or small groups
- Book 3 of the Essential Elements beginning band system
- Online Audio in each student book
Book 2 Continuation
- 9 major and related minor keys
- Each introduced with scales, Rubank-style etudes and a chord balance exercise
- Each key has a short, full-band chorale that includes every scale tone for every instrument
Special Studies Section
- More great music that explores many styles and cultures
- Challenging concepts are only introduced in familiar keys
- Introduction of triple meters (12/8, 9/8, 3/8), more triplet based rhythms, rhythmic figures with rests, and meter changes
- More music theory and terminology such as grace notes, divisi, and additional dynamics
- History and music of 16 composers, world music and style studieIntegrated creativity and assessment that exceeds the National Standards
Additional Essential Technique Features
- Reading Skill Builders: To develop sight-reading skills
- Rhythm Pages: Like Book 1 & 2, special reinforcement for newly learned meters and rhythmic figures
- Basics of Jazz: A 2-page introduction to jazz style and improvisation, taken from Essential Elements for Jazz Ensemble, but geared for concert band
- Full Chorales For study or performance, arranged by John Higgins
- Rubank Scales and Arpeggios in major and minor keys, in additional octaves and with tracks on Online Audio
- Woodwind trill charts and brass lip slur studies
- Large, clear, full-range fingering charts
- Practice record
- Concise, easy to use Conductor Book
- Width: 9.0"
- Length: 12.0"
- 48 pages
Questions & Answers View All