"pageType" : "item_page",
"placements" : "3",
"placementNames" : "recommended-accessories_bottom_1,others-viewed_bottom_1"
High gain, and a tighter crisper feel.
Fuzz ... the sound of rock and righteous indignation worldwide. That spitting, snarling and surly sound of rock legends past and present.
MPN: Fuzz Classic/Modern
The FUZZ Classic/Modern analog plug-in module from Jackson Audio takes faithful recreations of historic fuzz circuits and brings them together allowing you to create classic fuzz sounds as well as new fuzz sounds that are impossible with the original circuits. The FUZZ Classic/Modern plug-in expands the tones available by adding two additional types of clipping. With the jumper set in the DIST (distortion) position on your pedal, this plug-in makes the clipping smoother and with more headroom. With the jumper set in the OD (overdrive) position, the clipping is smoother still and has the feel and vibe of a vintage overdrive.
The idea of creating a modular fuzz came about as Jackson Audio were trying to decide which style of fuzz would be the most musical fuzz of all time. The answer quickly became, "All of them!" All of them are different, and all of them bring something unique sonically. With the FUZZ Classic/Modern plug-in, you can update your fuzz sound completely and turn your pedal into a whole new pedal with a simple and affordable plug-in swap.
"In the 30 years since I began playing guitar, I have always loved fuzz pedals. I've bought countless versions of them over the years, but in my mind, they've always had a massive shortcoming. They desperately need more effective tone controls! That's why I designed the FUZZ Classic/Modern plug-in with a 3-band, fully parametric EQ." - Brad Jackson
EQ and especially the mids, are where the guitar makes its stand. Not enough mids and your guitar is lost in the mix. Too much highs and your tone is piercing and off-putting. Too much bass and you compete sonically with the bass drum and bass player. With the parametric EQ on the FUZZ Classic/Modern plug-in, you have nine controls at your disposal to fully sculpt your tone and make sure the riffs you are laying down are never lost in the mix.
Treble Q: Internal trimmer adjusts how narrow or wide the selected frequency isOctave CiruitBlend Control
- Bass Level: External knob adjusts for more or less bass. +/- 20dB
- Bass Freq: Internal trimmer selects which bass frequency is being adjusted
- Bass Q: Internal trimmer adjusts how narrow or wide the selected frequency is
- Mid Level: External knob adjusts for more or less mids. +/- 20dB
- Mid Freq: External knob selects which mid-frequency is being adjusted
- Mid Q: Internal trimmer adjusts how narrow or wide the selected frequency is
- Treble Level: External knob adjusts for more or less treble. +/- 20dB
- Treble Freq: Internal trimmer selects which treble frequency is being adjusted
- Mixes clean signal with the fuzz/octave signal so you can dial in precisely how much octave effect you want
- With Blend Control fully counterclockwise, the octave circuit acts as a boost and is perfect for slamming the front of the fuzz circuit for more gain
- With the Blend Control fully clockwise, there is no clean blend so your signal is fully fuzzed out with however much fuzz/octave you have dialed in with the Oct Control
For later-era Jimi tones. Order today.
- True Bypass (mechanical)
- 9V DC
- 50mA (Center Negative)
Questions & Answers View All