"pageType" : "item_page",
"placements" : "3",
"placementNames" : "recommended-accessories_bottom_1,others-viewed_bottom_1"
More affordable transformer less microphone from one of the world's most respected designers.
Grammy® award winning microphone designer David Royer has created a transformerless microphone circuit without the inherent problems found in transformerless microphones.
the new MA-50. Designed to produce the clarity and realism that Mojave microphones are known for – at an entry level price – the MA-50 outperforms well-known transformerless mics costing many times more.
The MA-50 is the perfect microphone for pros and semi-pros alike. Utilizing the same capsule as the MA-200 and MA-201fet, it handles the fastest transients with ease – even up to 140 dB.
- Large-diaphragm cardioid 3-micron capsule
- Fixed-cardioid polar pattern
- Transformerless circuitry
- Very low noise
- Includes professional shock mount
- Simple – yet elegant design – perfect for home recording
- High SPL handling
- Fast transient response
Call or click to order today!
- Transducer type: Externally polarized pressure gradient capacitor
- Diaphragm: 1-inch diameter, gold sputtered
- Diaphragm Thickness: 3-microns
- Polar pattern: Cardioid=
- Frequency response: 20 Hz- 20 kHz, + 3 dB
- Sensitivity: -40 dB re. 1V/pa
- Maximum SPL: 125 dB
- Distortion: <0.5% @140 dB SPL
- Self-noise: Better than 16 dB (A weighted)
- Impedance: <100 ohms
- Recommended load: 1500 ohms or higher
- Powering: 48VDC phantom power; current 2 mA.
- Dimensions and weight: Carrying case with microphone, shock mount: 10 x 9 in. x 4.5 in., 4 lbs.
- Microphone: 7 5/8 X 2 (194mm x 51mm), 1 lb. (0.45Kg)
Questions & Answers View All