"pageType" : "item_page",
"placements" : "3",
"placementNames" : "recommended-accessories_bottom_1,others-viewed_bottom_1"
Maximum performance and portability with very flexible I/O.
The QSC GX5 Stereo Power Amplifier is ideal for professional entertainers who require maximum performance and portability on a limited budget. QSC designers, headed by Pat Quilter, have optimized output and appearance of the rackmountable GX5 while reducing raw material cost and weight. The GX5 power amplifier provides full performance for 500 watt (Program) speakers and supplies maximum possible power to 4 ohm and 8 ohm loads. Owners of popular 4 ohm loudspeakers (dual-woofer, two-way models and many subwoofers) will find the 700 watt (4 ohm) power of the GX5 an ideal match.
The GX5 power amp uses a Class H system, based on key elements of the PLX Series, almost doubling power in the same size and weight. QSC design expertise allows the output devices to shift from low-power to high-power rails in less than a millionth of a second, ensuring that the output power is always right where it needs to be without excess loss.
- Power levels matched to the most popular speakers used by entertainers
- Optimized for maximum real-world headroom into 4Ω and 8Ω speaker systems
- Inputs: XLR, 1/4" TRS and phono input connectors for compatibility with any source
- Outputs: Speakon combo accepts, 1/4" (TS) plugs or Speakon 2-pole and 4-pole plugs (connects 2 poles only). Binding posts support all other speaker wiring systems.
- Minimum depth chassis (10.1"/257 mm) fits in compact, inexpensive effects racks
- Lightweight ” less than 26 lbs (12.5 kg)
- Detented gain controls for precise setting and matching of sensitivity
- GuardRail automatically protects the amplifier and loudspeakers from damage due to temperature rise or overdrive without shutting down the show
- Front panel LEDs monitor Power, Signal and Clipping
- Subwoofer/Satellite crossover built-in
Order today and enjoy legendary QSC quality and reliability.
- Power rating:
- 8Ω / both channels driven / 1 kHz: 500 W
- 8Ω / single channel driven / 1 kHz; 600 W
- 4Ω / both channels driven / 1 kHz; 700 W
- 4Ω / single channel driven / 1 kHz; 850 W
- 2Ω / both channels driven / 1 kHz: 350 W
- Distortion (typical): 20 Hz - 20 kHz: 1 dB below rated power 8Ω: less than 0.05% / 4Ω: less than 0.1%
- Signal to Noise: (20 Hz - 20 kHz) 100 dB
- Input Sensitivity: 1.2 Vrms
- Voltage Gain (8Ω): 34.4 dB
- Output Circuitry: 2-tier Class H
- Power Requirements (1/8 power, pink noise at 4Ω, 120 V):6A
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz, +0, 1 dB
- Dynamic Headroom (4Ω): 2 dB
- Damping Factor: 100
- Input Impedance (Ω): Greater than 20k (balanced)
- Maximum Input Level: +24 dB (16 Vrms)
- Input Connectors (each channel): 3-pin XLR and 1/4" TRS, balanced, parallel Phono, unbalanced
- Output Connectors (each channel) Speakon, 1/4", Binding Posts
- Amplifier and Load Protection: Short circuit, open circuit, thermal, RF protection
- Load protected against DC faults
- Front Panel Controls and Indicators: Gain controls, 21 detents
- Red Clip LEDs, proportional, 0.1% THD threshold
- Green Signal LEDs, threshold -35 dB
- Blue Power LED, AC on
- Rear Panel Controls: Full Range / Crossover switch
- 100 Hz, 3rd order LP (sub), 2nd order HP (top)
- Dimensions (HWD): 3.5" (2RU) x 19" x 10.1" (89 mm x 483 mm x 257 mm)
- Weight Shipping / Net: 31 (14 kg) / 26 lbs (12 kg)
- Agency Approvals: UL, CE, RoHS/WEEE compliant
Questions & Answers View All