"pageType" : "item_page",
"placements" : "3",
"placementNames" : "recommended-accessories_bottom_1,others-viewed_bottom_1"
The very first "Rhythm Guitar Synth".
RG is a unique groove plug-in that is far more than just a "virtual Rhythm Guitar player ! This new RG 1.5 download version includes a cool 'Muted Guitar' model.
By using the RG onboard sequencer it is possible to create classic Rhythm Guitar grooves, but beyond that you can use the synthesizer features and effects to make fresh new edgy guitar grooves. To play the grooves RG is using a keyboard layout of "major chords" and "minor chords", each with two sequence patterns (A or B) option.
It is only a matter of hitting a single note in the major keyboard range or minor keyboard range and the groove plays. The sound sets are clean sampled guitars, which give you great freedom and flexibility when using the synthesizer features and effects of RG.
RG 1.5 Guitar types included are:
- The classic Fender Stratocaster electric guitar (major and minor7 chords)
- A 8th note groove type Steel String acoustic guitar (major and minor chords)
- A 16th note groove type Steel String acoustic guitar (major and minor chords)
- A Power Chord groove type Distorted guitar (5ths chords / absent of 3rd)
- Muted Low and Muted High groove type guitar (single notes / no chords)
The synthesizer parts of RG include a classic analog modeled synthesizer filter, LFO, envelopes and modulation section. The effect section can be built up by using up to 3 effects at a time. Included are midi time-based delays, chorus and also speaker simulators, phaser, Fflanger and many more. Included are over 1000 presets included 850 "RG" grooves and 300 "basic" grooves
- Rhythm Guitar models
- Electric guitar type Fender Stratocaster
- Offering in the RG sequencer: Down Stroke, Up Stroke, Ghost Stroke and Glide stroke.
- Available chords are: Major and Minor7 in "classic" Rhythm guitar setting.
- Steel 8TH type for Steel strings 8th note grooves
- Offering in the RG sequencer: Down Stroke, Up Stroke and Extra Stroke (hand mute on strings)
- Available chords are: Major and Minor.
- Steel 16TH type for Steel strings 16th note grooves.
- Offering in the RG sequencer: Down Stroke, Up Stroke and Ghost Stroke.
- Available chords are: Major and Minor.
- Distorted type for distorted Power
- chord grooves.
- Offering in the RG sequencer: Down Stroke, Up Stroke, Ghost Stroke and Extra Stroke
- Available chords are: 5th Chord for both Major and Minor keyboard range.
- Muted Low" and "Muted High" are single guitar notes used to generate muted guitar grooves. So unlike the other types, no chords are involved. The classic muted grooves is a down stroke of the string followed by a ghost note and then upstroke of the string, followed by upstroke ghost
- Sequencer section:
- Controls the guitar strokes and RG synthesizer parts.
- 32 steps
- Each step has on/off, Tie, Stroke (Down, Up, Ghost or Glide/Extra), Velocity and Free/Release row.
- Release row on/off option to control the 'Release" times of the Filter and Amp Envelope
- Sequencer A and B each with fully independent settings
- Sequence A is played by using keyboard range C1 - B3
- Sequence B is played by using keyboard range C3 - B4
- Each sequence keyboard range is divided into Major chords and Minor chords
- Start Loop setting, Sequencer can loop from any step of the sequence
- Speed setting of 1/4, 1/3, 1/2, 2/3, 1, 3/2, 2, 3 and 4x BPM. Independent for each sequence
- Swing amount
- Velocity control knob which mixes between keyboard (midi) velocity input and the steps velocity settings
- Tie modes normal or special which allows 'velocity' and 'free' settings inside a step if that step is set to Tie
- Sequencer Latch which can be controlled by the midi sustain pedal as well
- Reset Mode on/off. When it is set to 'on' the sequencer resets each time you press a new key
- File button function with: load, save, copy, paste, swap and clear for sequencer A or B
- File to scroll through sequences stored on hard disk
- Keyboard layout RG:
- Sequence A is played by playing notes in the keyboard range C1 - B3
- Sequence B is played by playing notes in the keyboard range C3 - B4
- Sequence A keyboard range is divided into Major chords and Minor chords (except for Power Chord and Muted Guitar Models)
- Major chords are from C1- B1 range and Minor are from C2 - B2 range
- Sequence B keyboard range is divided into Major chords and Minor chords (except for Power Chord and Muted Guitar Models)
- Major chords are from C3- B3 range and Minor are from C3 - B4 range (except for Power Chord and Muted Guitar Models)
- Build in keyboard to demo grooves
- Overall Pitch modulation section:
- Tempo sync-able global Pitch LFO
- Amount control option
- Pitch bend with separate settings for up and down pitch-bends
- Filter section:
- Main filter is an analogue modeled stereo Multimode Filter, offering 6dB Low Pass and High Pass, 12dB, 18dB and 24dB Low Pass and High Pass, 12dB and 24dB Band Pass, 12dB and 24dB Notch, Comb and Vowel Filter
- Pre-filtering distortion
- Easy Filter control by pre-defined Cutoff Frequency modulation controllers: Envelope, Velocity, Modulation Wheel and LFO
- Built-in Filter Envelope with Attack, Decay, Sustain, Fade and Release
- Build in Filter LFO with various waveforms, modulation amount control and tempo sync option with speed settings between 16/1 and 1/32t
- LFO free or mono mode options.
- Amp section:
- Built-in Amp/Volume Envelope with Attack, Decay and Release.
- Volume control.
- Velocity> Volume amount.
- Panning control.
- Modulation section:
- 2 free modulation routings
- 33 modulation sources, included the stroke types of the RG sequencer
- 22 modulation destinations.
- FX section:
- 3 HQ effects blocks in serial mode
- Available effects: Mono Delay, Stereo Delay, Comb Filter, Reverb, Chorus, Chorus/Delay, Flanger, Phaser, Ensemble, FX Filter, WahWah/Delay, AutoWah, Amp Simulator (5 models), Cabinet Simulator (5 models), Distortion, Low Fi, Waveshaper, Multi-distort (11 types), Stereo Widener, Autopan, Gator and Compressor
- Midi tempo based settings in most effects
- Overall bypass for FX or bypass per FX
- Right mouse menu options with: FX copy, paste, swap, clear, undo, save, load and option to un-sync the effects
- 2 FX modulation matrix for connecting RG sequencer, midi or synth controls to FX parameters.
- EQ section:
- Equalizer with 5 bands at 60Hz, 200Hz, 600Hz, 2000Hz and 8000Hz frequencies.
- Parameter read-out field above the preset box.
- Back panel with extra global function:
- External controller settings can be saved to disk
- Computer keyboard up/down for scrolling presets can be turned on/off.
- Syncing on/off. Depending on host it can be turned on/off
- Preset section:
- Uses sound banks composed of 128 presets
- Preset handling with copy, paste, clear and compare function
- 'Quick Browse', 'Recently Browsed' and 'Favorite' functions.
- Banks with Electric RG grooves, Steel string RG grooves, Disto RG grooves, Muted RG grooves, Electric, Steel String, Disto basic grooves.
- VST2.4, AU and RTAS plug-in synthesizer for PC (XP/Vista 32/Vista 64/Win7 32/Win7 64)
- and Mac OS-X 10.5 > (Intel Mac + ppc)
- Two activations allowed. 2nd activation after registering product.
Questions & Answers View All