"pageType" : "item_page",
"placements" : "3",
"placementNames" : "recommended-accessories_bottom_1,others-viewed_bottom_1"
The "plug-out" synthesizer.
The SYSTEM-1 is a culmination of Roland's SYSTEM 100 and now almost mythical SYSTEM 700 synthesizers. Born in the '70s, these modular and semi-modular synthesizers are heralded to this day for their flexibility and character of sound. Over the years these two legendary instruments have been used by some of the most forward-thinking artists and recorded onto countless classic tracks, an iconic sound from decades ago.
Meet the SYSTEM-1, a synthesizer probably unlike any you've encountered before. Like its predecessors, the SYSTEM-1 breaks new ground with remarkable flexibility and access to a vast palette of synthesized sounds with the bold and unmistakable character associated with Roland synthesizers for nearly four decades.
At the heart of the SYSTEM-1's sound is Roland's Analog Circuit Behavior technology (ACB) which was used to carefully analyze every aspect of the original instruments analog circuits and then faithfully recreate them down to the finest details. This technology fills the SYSTEM-1 with a fusion of beautifully classic and utterly modern synthesizer tones.
The SYSTEM-1 can control and even host software recreations of classic Roland synthesizers. That's right. The SYSTEM-1 can control plug-in versions of now legendary Roland synths, and those same plugins can be hosted in the SYSTEM-1 itself - with no computer required. You can even switch between the SYSTEM-1's internal sounds and those of the hosted plug-in. Roland call this exciting wizardry "Plug-Out".
You'll be excited too once you experience the authenticity of the SH-101 softsynth, with the SYSTEM-1 providing an intuitive and fully automatic one-to-one control interface that just works. Let's be honest. Who could make a better plug-in version of a classic Roland synth than Roland? And the SH-101 is just the beginning.
The SYSTEM-1 not only sounds amazing, but it also has a totally innovative design with performance ready controls, quality construction, and a dizzying array of lights and knobs and sliders.
- Four oscillators for buckets of fat synth tones
- Oscillator colors create continuous waveform changes from simple to complex
- All parameters can be controlled with physical knobs and sliders with LED indicators
- Advanced Arpeggiator with SCATTER
- SCATTER jog dial offers 10 different phrase variations
- Variety of modulation functions including ring modulation, cross modulation and oscillator sync
- Filter types vary between -12dB and -24dB and include independent high pass filters
- Tone knob for easy tonal balancing
- Crusher knob for modern edge
- Integrated Delay and Reverb effect units
- Tempo syncing for LFO and Delay
- Innovative thin keyboard with 25 normal sized keys that are
- Comfortable to play and extremely compact
- Integrates seamlessly with other AIRA series products
Legendary tone and character dressed in a modern-day suit. Order your SYSTEM-1 today!
Sound Generator Section
- Keyboard 25 keys (without velocity)
- Maximum Polyphony 4 voices (SYSTEM-1 Mode)
- User Memory 8
- Structure Elements (SYSTEM-1 Mode):
- [Oscillator Section]
- Wave Form: SAW, SQUARE, TRIANGLE, SAW, SQUARE2, TRIANGLE2
- Knobs: COLOR, MODULATION Source (MANUAL, LFO, P.ENV, F.ENV, A.ENV, SUB OSC), OCTAVE, TUNE
- Envelope: ATTACK Time, DECAY Time, ENVELOPE Depth
- Modulation: CROSS Modulator, RING Modulator, Oscillator SYNC
- Sub Oscillator: -1oct/-2oct
- Noise: WHITE Noise/PINK Noise
- Key Mode: MONO/UNISON/POLY
- [Filter Section]
- Type: LPF (-12dB/-24dB), HPF
- Knobs: LPF CUTOFF, RESONANCE, HPF CUTOFF, KEY Follow
- Envelope: ATTACK Time, DECAY Time, SUSTINE Level, RELEASE Time, ENVELOPE Depth
- [Amplifier Section]
- Envelope: ATTACK Time, DECAY Time, SUSTINE Level, RELEASE Time
- [LFO Section]
- Waveform: SINE, TRIANGLE, SAW, SQUARE, Sample&Hold, Random
- Knobs: FADE TIME, RATE, PITCH, FILTER, AMP
- Controller: LFO KEY TRIGER, TEMPO SYNC
- [Mixer Section]
- Level: OSC 1, OCS 2, SUB OSC, NOISE
- [Effecter Section]
- TONE, CRUSHER, REVERB, DELAY, DELAY TIME
- Structure Elements (PLUG-OUT Mode)
- Depend on PLUG-OUT software
Size and Weight
- Type: 6
- Step: 6
- Type: 10
- Depth: 10
- VOLUME knob
- TEMPO knob
- PORTAMENTO knob
- LEGATO button
- PITCH BEND/SCATTER jog dial
- SCATTER TYPE dial
- KEY HOLD button
- OCTAVE UP/DOWN buttons
- MOD button
- Power Switch (Rear)
- PHONES jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- OUT (L/MONO, R) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
- PEDAL (HOLD) jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- PEDAL (CONTROL) jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- MIDI (IN, OUT) connectors
- USB port: USB type B (Audio/MIDI)
- DC IN jack
- Power Supply AC Adaptor
- Current draw 850 mA
- Owner's manual
- AC adaptor
- Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
- Width (W)472 mm18-5/8 inches
- Depth (D)283 mm11-3/16 inches
- Height (H)70 mm2-13/16 inches
- Weight 2.4 kg5 lbs. 5 oz.
- All specifications and appearances are subject to change.
Questions & Answers View All