"pageType" : "item_page",
"placements" : "3",
"placementNames" : "recommended-accessories_bottom_1,others-viewed_bottom_1"
A large bore Bb trumpet.
The B3 Traditional Custom Series trumpet is the instrument that suites the player looking for a large bore Bb trumpet. This versatile large bore model plays with added brilliance, immediate response, balance in color and feel throughout the range from top to bottom. The B3 is ideal for the player looking for a “big horn feel” yet with more resistance than the X-Series models.
The B3 trumpet is available in four variations—a fixed yellow brass bell, a fixed beryllium copper bell, a tunable yellow brass bell, and a tunable beryllium copper bell—each designed to customize the instrument performance to the player.
- Available versions: B3, B3B, B3L, B3LB
- B3 – Yellow brass fixed bell. A medium throat #3 bell with a taper graduated for even and full-bodied tone.
- B3B – Beryllium copper fixed bell. Medium throat #3 bell made from an extremely lightweight copper, this bell offers a more direct, compact projection.
- B3L – Tunable yellow brass bell. The detachable bell design allows tuning from the bell, to offer a more open, free feeling in the upper register. With less bracing, the response feels quicker by allowing the bell to resonate more to improve projection.
- B3LB – Tunable beryllium copper bell. The combination of direct projection and quicker response, this version is the most free-blowing and resonant available.
- Large bore
- Medium throat bell
Each Schilke Trumpet is made by hand. Choose yours today.
- Key: Bb Bore: .463-inch (11.75mm)
- Leadpipe: Reverse taper
- Leadpipe Material: Yellow brass
- Bell: 5-inch (127mm) medium throat with #3 taper in fixed or tunable design
- Bell Material: Yellow brass or Beryllium copper
- Valves: Monel
- 1st Valve Slide Adjustment: Thumb saddle
- 3rd Valve Slide Adjustment: Fixed ring
- Case: Custom double hard case
- Mouthpiece: Schilke Standard Series
- Finish: Silver plate
Questions & Answers View All