"pageType" : "item_page",
"placements" : "3",
"placementNames" : "recommended-accessories_bottom_1,others-viewed_bottom_1"
A brilliant sound and the efficiency of additional resistance.
The B4 Traditional Custom Series trumpet tends to play broader yet brighter than the model B6. The B4 features a medium bore and medium throat bell that will appeal to a player looking for a brilliant sound and desires efficiency with additional resistance.
MPN: 10 B4
The B4 trumpet is available in four variations—a fixed yellow brass bell, a fixed beryllium copper bell, a tunable yellow brass bell, and a tunable beryllium copper bell—each designed to customize the instrument performance to the player.
- Available versions: B4, B4B, B4L, B4LB
- B4 – Yellow brass fixed bell. A medium throat #3 bell with a taper graduated for even and full-bodied tone.
- B4B – Beryllium copper fixed bell. Medium throat #3 bell made from an extremely lightweight copper, this bell offers a more direct, compact projection.
- B4L – Tunable yellow brass bell. The detachable bell design allows tuning from the bell, to offer a more open, free feeling in the upper register. With less bracing, the response feels quicker by allowing the bell to resonate more to improve projection.
- B4LB – Tunable beryllium copper bell. The combination of direct projection and quicker response, this version is the most free-blowing and resonant available.
- Medium bore
- Medium throat bell
Each Schilke Trumpet is made by hand. Choose yours today.
- Key: Bb Bore: .450-inch (11.42mm)
- Leadpipe: Reverse taper
- Leadpipe Material: Yellow brass
- Bell: 5-inch (127mm) medium throat with #3 taper in fixed or tunable design
- Bell Material: Yellow brass or Beryllium copper
- Valves: Monel
- 1st Valve Slide Adjustment: Thumb saddle
- 3rd Valve Slide Adjustment: Fixed ring
- Case: Custom double hard case
- Mouthpiece: Schilke Standard Series
- Finish: Silver plate
Questions & Answers View All