- What qualifies for free shipping?
- How do I track my order?
- Can I track an order that shipped via United States Postal Service Priority Mail?
- When will my order ship?
- My order contains items that are in stock and items that are backordered. When will my order ship?
- Why do some of your products consistently require a 2-3 week wait for delivery?
- Why does the arrival date on my backordered item change?
- Why did my order ship USPS Priority Mail, rather than by UPS?
- Do you ship to APO and FPO addresses?
- Can I have my order shipped to an address other than the billing address?
- Do you ship to U.S. Territories?
- Saturday Delivery?
What qualifies for free shipping?
Thousands of Items Ship Free at Woodwind & Brasswind
Free Shipping Rules:
- Valid on web and phone orders
- Good for free ground shipping to the lower 48 US states
- Excludes oversized items and shipments to FPO/APO addresses
- Qualifying items are clearly marked with the following text in this format: FREE SHIPPING!
- Regular shipping charges apply for all other items. All web and phone orders for band and orchestra and print music over $20.00 automatically receive free ground shipping, with no weight exclusions (does exclude international and APO/FPO shipments). Free shipping is valid with purchase only. This is a limited time offer that can be changed at any time.
- All reed orders totaling over $15 will ship for free. As a First Chair Rewards member, all orders shipping within the 48 contiguous states will ship for free. Additional charges apply on heavy (over 70 pounds) or oversized packages. You can join the First Chair Rewards Program for free when you create an account.
How do I track my order?
Quick Order Tracking: Registered and Non-Registered users may look up an order without logging in by entering your Order Number and Billing Postal Code using Track My Order.
Registered User Order Tracking: Registered users may track your order status and obtain order history detail any time by logging in and navigating to My Account in the menu above.
Can I track an order that shipped via United States Postal Service Priority Mail?
Unfortunately, package tracking is not a service we offer on our USPS shipments. Most orders shipped via USPS Priority will arrive within 3-7 business days. We apologize for the inconvenience.
When will my order ship?
Shipping Guarantee: Verified* orders for in stock items received by 5 p.m., Eastern Time Monday-Friday ship same day. If your order does not arrive within the guaranteed time shown below, please contact our Staff Advisors at 800.348.5003 and we will be happy to refund your shipping charges and give you 20 percent off your next order placed within 90 days, up to a $500 maximum value.**
- Economy Ground: 5-8 business days from the time the order is placed. Additional charges apply on heavy (over 70 pounds) or oversized packages.
- Standard Ground: 3-5 busineses days from the time the order is placed. Additional charges apply on heavy (over 70 pounds) or oversized packages.
- 2 Day Express: 2 Day Express orders placed before 5 p.m., Eastern Time ship the same day. Orders placed after 5 p.m., Eastern Time will ship out no later than the following business day. Additional charges apply on heavy (over 70 pounds) or oversized packages.
- Next Day Afternoon Delivery: Next Day orders placed before 5 p.m., Eastern Time ship the same day. Orders placed after 5 p.m., Eastern Time will ship out no later than the following business day. Additional charges apply on heavy (over 70 pounds) or oversized packages.
To help expedite shipping, please confirm that the billing address, phone number, and delivery address that you have given us matches the information on file with your financial institution or credit card issuer.
* All orders are subject to a 24-hour verification delay while we confirm your billing information with your credit card issuer. This is to protect customers of The Woodwind & Brasswind from credit card fraud and identity theft. Because of verification, the day you place your order may not count as the first business day. Orders using gift certificates or multiple payment methods do not qualify for our Delivery Guarantee until payment has been processed. Institutional orders and orders placed using purchase orders are also excluded from our Shipping Guarantee.
** Please note: Due to additional processing time, orders that involve gift certificates or multiple payment methods will not qualify for the The Woodwind & Brasswind Prompt Delivery Guarantee until payment has been processed. Institutional orders and orders placed using purchase orders are excluded from the Prompt Delivery Guarantee. Some exclusions apply on what the 20% can be redeemed towards. Please call us for additional information.
My order contains items that are in stock and items that are backordered. When will my order ship?
The in-stock items on your order will ship right away. We will then ship any backordered items as we receive them. Please note that this does not increase your shipping charge. If you would prefer to have the entire order held until the backordered items are available, we can certainly accommodate your request. Simply call us and we will be happy to adjust the order for you.
Please note that if a package item (an item that comes in multiple boxes) on your order is backordered, any items associated with that package item may be held until it becomes available.
Why do some of your products consistently require a 2-3 week wait for delivery?
In order to offer our great prices and huge variety of products, we cannot stock every single item that we sell. Some items are shipped from our vendors only after a customer places an order. These are typically listed as being available in 2-3 weeks. On such products, you can be assured we will get the item to you just as quickly as possible.
Why does the arrival date on my backordered item change?
Backorder dates are based on the individual manufacturer's estimated delivery date to us and are subject to change without notice. We are in continual contact with the manufacturers and ship backordered items as soon as possible. However, there are unforeseen circumstances that delay items. We update our information as soon as we are notified by the manufacturer. Please be assured that we are working hard to fulfill your order upon receipt of the merchandise.
Why did my order ship USPS Priority Mail, rather than by UPS?
Due to size or weight, certain items may be shipped by USPS Priority Mail rather than other ground shipping methods. You should still expect delivery within 3-7 business days.
For shipping charges for oversized items, please contact Customer Service at 800.348.5003.
Do you ship to APO and FPO addresses?
Yes, we do ship to APO and FPO addresses. We can ship United States Postal Service Priority Mail. This is the only shipping method available to United States Military APO/FPO addresses. Shipments to these addresses are subject to a longer ship time. USPS package weight limit restrictions may apply. Should you encounter any difficulty in placing your order, please contact our Staff Advisors at 800.348.5003 and we will assist you in placing your order.
Can I have my order shipped to an address other than the billing address?
Yes, in most cases. When an order is shipping to a different address than the billing address, we require that all the credit card information be verified with the issuing bank. This policy protects all parties from unauthorized card use. Contact your credit card company and let them know that you would like to add an alternate or authorized address. If your credit card company does not allow this, simply have them list the address in your account notes or memo area. This will help avoid unnecessary delays in processing your order.
Do you ship to U.S. Territories?
Yes, we currently ship via USPS to the following territories outside the United States: American Samoa, Guam, Mariana Pacific Islands, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, and U.S. Military APO/FPO locations that use a U.S. Postal ZIP Code. USPS is the only shipping method available to these territories. USPS package weight limit restrictions and other conditions and restrictions may apply. (note: Military customers living abroad may receive UPS delivery to an actual street address if the items ordered are not restricted for overseas delivery and UPS services the address.)
Please Note: Certain items are not allowed by federal authorities to ship via air. Examples of such materials are valve oil, lubricants and other liquids. Also, free shipping offers may not apply to orders shipped outside of the U.S. If you have questions on the shipment of such items, please contact customer service.
Saturday delivery is only available for Next Day or 2-Day Express where your order would have arrived on Monday without this service.