Internal Motivation (education and growth)
Cultural experience outside of the home community
- General exposure to new places and experiences.
- Specific exposure to musical, cultural, and/or educational experiences.
- Students have the opportunity to learn new techniques and approaches to musicianship (and/or reinforce your teaching principles) from working with a Music Educator or Clinician.
- Students are able to hear groups from other states/regions—both student groups and professional performances.
- Students are able to perform for an audience other than parents and friends.
- Students are able to develop confidence and pride in their performance.
- Program building
- Create incentive benefit to be in the program.
- Reward for hard work and retention in the program.
- Develop a sense of togetherness, bonding, and camaraderie.
- Develop skills in working together for a common, meaningful purpose.
External Motivation (public perception or input)
Expectation of travel exists
- Administration: viewed as Educational and Public Relations Value
- Parents: viewed as Recognition, Exposure and Travel Opportunity that might not otherwise exist.
- Students: viewed as the Fun and Memories of a Lifetime that are part of school life.
- Public Relations: seen as a source of pride for school and community
- Tangible evidence of achievement with trophies and awards
- Unique exposure through special invitation, special event, or exclusive event.
- Program recognition from adjudication by music educators from other states/regions.