"pageType" : "item_page",
"placements" : "3",
"placementNames" : "recommended-accessories_bottom_1,others-viewed_bottom_1"
Perfect for speech, theater, orchestra and choir sound reinforcement and recording.
Audio Technica U853R Unipoint condenser hanging-style mic
Perfect for speech, theater, orchestra and choir sound reinforcement and recording, the U853R cardioid condenser hanging microphone is equipped with UniGuard(TM) innovations that offer unsurpassed immunity from radio frequency interference. With a consistent cardioid polar pattern, the mic offers natural sound from any angle, and superior gain before feedback. It is phantom powered and features an integral 80 Hz low-cut UniSteep filter that reduces pickup of low-frequency ambient noise. The microphone accepts interchangeable elements, available in cardioid, hypercardioid, omnidirectional and UniLine(TM) line cardioid polar patterns.
- Designed for suspension over choirs, instrumental groups and theater stages
- Superior off-axis rejection for maximum gain before feedback
- UniGuard RFI-shielding technology offers outstanding rejection of radio frequency interference (RFI)
- UniSteep filter provides a steep low-frequency attenuation
- Accepts interchangeable elements available optionally in several polar patterns
- Low-profile design with low-reflectance finish for minimum visibility
- ACCESSORIES FURNISHED: AT8153 two-stage foam windscreen; AT8451 steel hanger; AT8538 power module; AT8438 5/8"-27 stand adapter
- AUDIO-TECHNICA CASE STYLE: M12
- CABLE: 25.0' (7.6 m) long (permanently attached to microphone), 0.13" (3.2 mm) diameter, 2 conductor shielded cable with TA3F-type connector
- DIMENSIONS (MICROPHONE): 1.34" (34.0 mm) long, 0.48" (12.2 mm) diameter
- DIMENSIONS (POWER MODULE): 3.66" (92.9 mm) long, 0.74" (18.9 mm) diameter
- DYNAMIC RANGE (typical): 115 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- ELEMENT: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 30-20,000 Hz
- IMPEDANCE: 250 ohms
- LOW FREQUENCY ROLL-OFF: 80 Hz, 18 dB/octave
- MAXIMUM INPUT SOUND LEVEL: 139 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- OPEN CIRCUIT SENSITIVITY: -39 dB (11.2 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- OPTIONAL INTERCHANGEABLE ELEMENTS: UE-H hypercardioid (100); UE-O omnidirectional (360); UE-UL UniLine (90)
- OUTPUT CONNECTOR (POWER MODULE): Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- PHANTOM POWER REQUIREMENTS: 11-52V DC, 2 mA typical
- POLAR PATTERN: Cardioid
- SIGNAL-TO-NOISE RATIO: 70 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- SWITCH: Flat, roll-off
- WEIGHT (MICROPHONE): 0.5 oz (14 g)
- WEIGHT (POWER MODULE): 2.9 oz (81 g)
Questions & Answers View All