"pageType" : "item_page",
"placements" : "3",
"placementNames" : "recommended-accessories_bottom_1,others-viewed_bottom_1"
Classic style and modern tone-tweaking.
In the late 1970s, Clarence Leo Fender was looking forward to launching his new G&L brand featuring his latest innovations including Magnetic Field Design pickups and the Saddle Lock bridge. Leo developed these technologies at his CLF™ Research company, and production of the new G&L instruments took place in the CLF Research factory on Fender Avenue in Fullerton, California, where G&L production continues today.
The new CLF Research L-2000 is a fully modern “2k” that pays homage to its roots with classic details including the early CLF/G&L headstock and neck profile, beautifully reproduced CLF knobs and '81 control plate, and color-coded mini toggle switch tips. Thin urethane finish choices are Candy Apple Red or Jet Black over basswood, Natural Ash, and faded 3-Tone Sunburst over Okoume.
- Basswood or ash body dependent on finish
- Hard rock maple neck with maple fingerboard, 9.5" radius
- Dual humbuckers with 3-position active EQ, parallel/series switch
- Leo Fender-designed G&L bridge and custom tuners
Grab this versatile bass. Order today.
- Shape: Slim C
- Wood: Maple
- Neck joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 34 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Finish: Satin
- Active or passive pickups: Switchable
- Pickup configuration: HH
- Middle: Magnetic Field Design
- Bridge: Magnetic Field Design
- Brand: G&L
- Series or parallel: Both
- Active preamp: Active/passive switch
- Special electronics: 2-band EQ
- Material: Maple
- Radius: 9.5 in.
- Fret size: Medium-jumbo Jescar 57110 18% nickel silver
- Number of frets: 21
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut material: Bone
- Nut width: 1.625 in. (41.3 mm)
- Cutaway: Double cutaway
- Construction: Solidbody
- Body wood: Basswood or Ash dependant on color
- Top wood: Basswood or Ash dependant on color
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Control layout: Master volume, 2-band EQ
- Pickup switch: 3-Way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Tone switching: Yes
- Special switching: Preamp on/off
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: Leo Fender-designed G&L Saddle Lock with chrome-plated brass saddles
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Custom G&L "Ultra-Lite" with aluminum tapered string posts
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 4
- Pickguard: No
- Special features: Pickups, Electronics
- Case: Hardshell case
- Country of origin: USA