"pageType" : "item_page",
"placements" : "3",
"placementNames" : "recommended-accessories_bottom_1,others-viewed_bottom_1"
The Midas Touch in mandolin tone.
The traditional F-model mandolin as we know it today was introduced by Loar in the early 1920’s and represents the epitome of design and function. For Kentucky, the KM-858 Gold Top Artist F-model Mandolin represents their own achievements when it comes to high-quality, professional level instruments specifically designed to meet the demands…and budgets…of players at every level.
By using the finest naturally dry-aged Alpine tone woods – a Kentucky Exclusive – and topping it off with a beautiful, sparkling Gold lacquer top finish, the KM-858 really is a gem in the line and will put the Midas Touch on your tone.
- Solid German spruce carved top gives you clean articulation and a crisp, bright tone
- Select solid flamed Alpine maple back and sides provide extra punch
- Slim select Alpine one-piece maple neck for comfortable, easy action
- Premium radiused ebony fingerboard gives extra durability and striking good looks
- Metallic gold top for lasting beauty and luster
Great tone and Kentucky mandolins go hand in hand. Order today.
- Back and Side Material: Solid Flamed Alpine Maple
- Binding: IV/B/IV Multi Binding
- Body Style: F-Model
- Bridge Material: Polished Ebony with Adjustment Wheels
- Fingerboard Binding: Ivoroid
- Fingerboard Inlay: M-O-P Dots
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Finish: Metallic Gold Top
- Neck / Body Joint: Traditional Dovetail
- Neck Material: One-piece Select Flamed Solid Apline Maple
- Note: Accepts Loop-end Strings Only
- Number of Frets Clear: 15
- Number of Frets Total: 22
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1 1/8 in.
- Peghead Inlay: Rose of Sharon/Logo Script
- Peghead Overlay: Black ABS
- Pickguard: Multi-Ply B-W-B
- Plating: Gold-plated / Pattern and Etched Logo
- Scale Length: 13 7/8 in. (354mm)
- Soundhole Shape: Traditional F-Hole
- Tailpiece: 1920s-style Stamped Brass / Press-fit Cover
- Top: Solid German Spruce
- Top Purfling: Multi-Ply IV-B-IV Top and Back / single IV
- Truss Rod: Traditional Two-Way Adjustable
- Tuning Machines: Standard 4-On-A-Plate/Removable Grained Ivoroid Buttons